To shape a more comprehensive and long-term approach to economic and community development for the Greater Los Angeles region, CSU5 campuses collaborate to develop innovative and effective ways to serve the needs of the region as a whole. The CSU5 is committed to joining with others to lead Greater Los Angeles forward by helping to create and support long-term strategies and tactics that engage the CSU5 and the broader resources of Los Angeles.
CSU5 campuses will be the place that regional employers and community leaders can access the most current research, develop collaborative research partnerships, and gain access to the widest range of integrated education and training options, from entry-level training through graduate education.
CSU5 campuses will build ongoing applied and basic research relevant to emerging issues in Los Angeles industries and related innovation in the physical sciences, engineering, digital technologies, wellness and the health sciences, business, urban planning, education, and the arts.
The CSU5 is committed to working with regional and community leaders to support the evolution of each neighborhood and community in the region to help Greater Los Angeles become a positive and supportive place to live.
CSU5 operates in line with the the Mission of the California State University (CSU). The the Mission of the California State University (CSU) is to:
- Advance and extend knowledge, learning, and culture, especially throughout California.
- Provide opportunities for individuals to develop intellectually, personally, and professionally
- Prepare significant numbers of educated, responsible people to contribute to California’s schools, economy, and culture
- Encourage and provide access to an excellent education to all who are prepared for and wish to participate in collegiate study
- Offer undergraduate and graduate instruction leading to bachelor’s and higher degrees in the liberal arts and sciences, the applied fields and the professions, including the doctoral degree when authorized
- Prepare students for an international, multicultural society
- Provide public services that enrich the university and its communities.
Please visit the CSU website to read the full version of the Mission of the California State University.